Skip to comments.Video: National Center for Policy Analysis Petition on Health Care Reform (GOP leaders- great!
Posted on 09/09/2009 11:19:48 PM PDT by STARWISE
The National Center for Policy Analysis delivered to House and Senate leaders a petition signed by over one million Americans concerned about government run healthcare proposals.
GOP leaders, including Boehner, Eric Cantor, Gov. Pete duPont, Dr. Tom Price, Mike Pence and Denis Prager, etc . ... excellent!
Running on Cspan now! Their battle cry is: Free our health care now!
WHAT OBAMA SHOULD TELL CONGRESS
What is the best thing President Obama could say in his speech to Congress Wednesday night to improve chances for health reform legislation this year?
According to John C. Goodman, President, CEO and the Kellye Wright Fellow of the National Center for Policy Analysis:
* Senator John McCain's health plan would have insured just as many people as Barack Obama aims to insure -- and at no additional cost to the Treasury.
* It would have substantially lowered health care costs and may have increased quality as well.
* On the demand side, it would have created new incentives for patients to shop for care, based on price and quality.
* On the supply side, it would have created a national market for insurance; the financing mechanism was more progressive than anything that has been proposed on the Democrat side of the aisle.
Barack Obama should have praised these sensible ideas and promised to work with both parties to enact some or all of them, says Goodman. Instead, he spent several hundred million dollars demagoguing them.
In their place, he proposed a Rube Goldberg reform that cannot possibly work.
What is now called "ObamaCare" will increase costs, probably reduce quality and (after spending more than $1 trillion) may not even increase access to care.
Source: John C. Goodman, "What Obama Should Tell Congress?" National Journal Online, September 8, 2009.
Ooops just ended on Cspan, but watch the video..... PING!
ping for later
* Senator John McCain’s health plan would have insured just as many people as Barack Obama aims to insure — and at no additional cost to the Treasury.
Like Social Secrua-cam?
Oh my God! What a great video! Man, if only this would have come out during, or right after zero’s lame, lying speech tonight!
I’m going to the freehealthcarenow.com website right now to add to the petition.
Who wants any part of health care plan by McCain. He is just as bad as the libs.
freehealthcarenow.com & freeourhealthcarenow.com
The first here is a lib petition, the second is ours! I say this because in my post, I accidentally wrote the first one down...UGH!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.